Thursday, October 31, 2013

Best Password Manager APPS for Windows RT (paid)


If you are like me, you probably have hundreds of website subscriptions, email accounts, credit cards, bank accounts, ecommerce store registers, ATM passwords, email passwords and so many other online and offline services that needs passwords and other document information.

I don't have more than 6 to 10 different passwords, but to remember what password is related to what web site, store, etc, etc and docs #, PIN and other usual online/offline register is almost impossible

After testing some apps, I found eWallet from Ilium Software Inc is the best one. Below is some reasons I choose eWallet.

  • The UI interface is cool, very well designed and easy to use.
  • You can save your wallet on Skydrive and keep it synchronized using the same wallet on up to 5 devices/computers.
  • eWallet has a 256-Bit Data Encryption, what makes it impossible to have its password broken
  • You can set it to automatically get out of the data screen and go to password screen after "N" seconds without activity
  • For each record (card) you can change fields' name.
  • You can create your own card categories
  • eWallet uses a template depending of what "type of card" you chose.
  • You can manage several wallets
  • Ilium is a known by its serious and good quality apps

TIPS  


  • Use a at least 8 digit password when creating your wallet and don't forget to use letters, numbers and one symbol character.
  • Before creating your first card, plan and add your categories. (Ex: Finances, Forums, Personal Docs, Shopping, eMail accounts, Software Serial #, etc, etc) 

some added cards of my wallet and respective categories
some added cards of my wallet and respective categories


PRICE
US$ 9.99

3 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, my existing PC Password Manager does not work on my new Surface RT. It is Norton Identity Safe & is excellent.

    Basically I want to store all my passwords safely & then to populate any log in with user name & password automatically via a single universal password.

    I don't care about saving in categories - because automatic population means that one doesn't have to know the individual user names & passwords.

    Whilst Norton Identity safe is free, I am happy to pay for a system that will do what I want it to on the Surface RT!

    Does e wallet fulfil my needs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Please, this is a free Blog, so you can post your perceptions whatever they are, but do it in a respectful way. Thank you !